With 1-2 years prior Supply Chain experience as purchasing officer or buyer? This is an opportunity to work with a US healthcare company.
Our client is a multinational investor-owned healthcare services company.
• Convert requisitions to purchase orders
• Place purchase orders via EDI, fax, and verbally
• Ensure all purchase orders are confirmed (pricing, UOM, availability, etc.)
• Follow up with Transaction Management or supplier if confirmation is not received timely
• Assists with the resolution of discrepancies or problems that prohibit the timely ordering of goods and services, includes but not limited to; working with distributor, working with accounts payable, working with vendor, working with receivers.
• Document and update tracking tool daily using tools decided upon by leadership
• Receive and review purchase requisitions for completeness, contract compliance, and conformity to policy and procedures
• Review non-file (X-item) requisition items to determine if assigned Item Master number should be used
• Process Rush/Overnight orders as requested
• Communicate rush order information (confirmation, tracking, POD, and any issues causing delay) to requester
• Escalate confirmation contracting and availability issues to Buyer II personnel for data outside normal processing
• Works in compliance of new product and vendor add requests to ensure all policies and procedures are being followed.
• Assist buyer II with any responsibilities or duties needed.
• Evaluates purchase requisitions for completeness, contract compliance and conformity to Tenet policies and procedures
• Performs necessary follow-up between customers and vendors
• Interacts with customers to assure needs are meet; informs customers of lead times, price changes, and/or back orders
• Interacts with Accounts Payable department to resolve open purchase orders
• Interacts with Supply Chain receivers in the United Sates to resolve open purchase orders
• Scanning and storage of purchasing documentation for records retention
• Review and resolution with Receiving personnel on the age receipt reports
• Add or request new vendor setup as required
• Performs a variety of tasks as assigned
• 1-2 years of prior Supply Chain experience, including experience operating in procurement / supply chain ERP systems. 2 year minimum buyer / purchasing experience. Prior health care experience required.
• BA / BS degree in one of the following areas: business, supply chain, materials management, operations, health care, or another related field
• Supply Chain / Purchasing system experience preferred, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Database, spreadsheet, and/or other financial proficiency