one of the world’s leading financial institutions which specializes in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients
Leadership and Management
• Provide strategic thinking, thought leadership and guidance to the operating model, planning, organisation, direction and control of the Manila Audit Services function
• Plan, oversee and direct the activities of the Manila Audit Services functions to achieve the Corporation’s objectives, and for timely reporting on Audit Services matters to management and appropriate governance bodies
• Ensure that Manila Audit Service is appropriately integrated, aligned and operating effectively as part of the broader APAC community
• Establish strong working relationships and communications with key stakeholders globally
• Develop periodic goals and set short-term priorities for Manila Audit Services
• Set clear and measureable goals and objectives for the Audit Services teams and individuals, ensuring performance assessments are completed in line with corporate requirements
• Conduct performance management and career development processes, and provide input for staffing, staff objectives, disciplinary actions and staff training requirements
• Provide comprehensive consulting and leadership to team members and partners
• Ensure that any apportionment of responsibilities within the team is effective and appropriate
• Encourage an environment of employee participation, teamwork and open communication
• Maintain active involvement with executive and oversight committees, including as a member of such as deemed appropriate
• Drive and support change within Manila Audit Services and the broader organization
• Demonstrate behaviours that reinforce the values and ethical standards of the Corporation at all times
• Manage and develop a highly efficient and high performing Audit Services team
• Establish and develop strong working relationships and open communication with key stakeholders;
• Ensure that deliverables are issued accurately, completely and timely to stakeholders in accordance with the agreed service level agreements
• Develop and review monthly metrics for each team and ensure key messages are communicated to stakeholders
• Own and manage the migration of processes from onshore locations to Manila Audit Services in accordance with the location strategy
• Ensure compliance with the Business process transition risk migration methodology for all offshoring activities
• Review, recommend and implement standardised process improvements identified in day-to-day activities ensuring improvements are in line with best practice and corporate guidance
• Demonstrate a deep analytical approach by connecting the dots and identifying trends of activities across the business unit/corporate function;
• Evolve the Audit Plan by identifying new coverage areas and challenging scoping of auditable entities;
• Challenge the audit team on audit coverage including comprehensiveness of risks, controls and corresponding test steps;
• During audit engagements, assigns work to auditors, sets priorities and monitors activity;
• Ensure audit work including work paper documentation, findings and recommendations and the final report adheres to the Corporation’s/Department’s Policies and Standards;
• Communicate and support a point of view to senior management/stakeholders for challenge and discussion;
• Anticipate the needs or questions/concerns of the audience and communicating actively;
• Actively listen to internal and external stakeholders and open to diverse ideas;
• Attend to detail in preparation and execution of communications; providing guidance to staff in their preparation;
• Maintain familiarization and technical expertise with the assigned business unit(s) including organizational structure, personnel, activities and products, new product development, financial performance and risk and problem areas;
• Lead status meetings and discussions of initial audit findings with stakeholders;
• Finalize draft issues and draft audit report;
• Drives communication to the appropriate level based on risk and impact;
• Monitor audit team members’ time, and escalates significant budget variances/delays;
• Identify staffing needs, performs interviews and makes employment recommendations;
• Assist in preparation of presentations to the Board, Audit Committee and company management;
• Taking action to learn and develop skills/knowledge proactively, and managing others to develop
• Conduct and/or manage special projects and ad hoc requests to support senior management
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required
• Qualified accountant (preferable ACA / ACCA) with at least 15 years preferred PQE in a multi-currency financial services environment
• Auditing and/or systems experience in a financial institution or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry is required
• Knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry preferred
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles and related work experience preferred
• Strong report writing and work paper documentation skills
April 11 – May 31, 2018
European manufacturing company, world leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions
• Lead of accounting and reporting processes: responsible for the preparation of all IFRS based Group reports, VAT declarations and other finance documents;
• Support Business Areas and Finance team providing professional advices regarding accounting, reporting and VAT;
• Ensure compliance to IFRS and Group standards, Business Code of Practice;
• Assess tax risks and risk management;
• Internal controls: establish proper level of controls over accounting, taxation and reporting processes, actively participate in policies and procedures implementation;
• Process and Innovation: actively participate in process and systems improvements and development;
• Strive for continuous improvement of efficiency of people and processes in responsible areas;
• People management: management of a number of direct subordinates and also indirect leading of related teams;
• Work with internal and external auditors;
• Work with Holdings and local teams in the various countries;
• Assist local entities and Holdings in establishing local statutory reporting;
• Control period end closing;
• Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts;
• Project management: actively participate and sometimes lead the internal accounting and reporting projects, including international ones;
• Min 5-7 years in accounting and finance;
• Min 2-3 years on managers positions (Finance manager, Supervisor, Chief accountant, Finance Controller, etc.) in international companies
• University degree higher education in finance or accounting;
• English – written and ability to hold meetings, video and telephone conferences and presentations;
• Advanced Excel
• SAP, SAP BW is plus
March 09 – May 31, 2018
Our client is a finance shared service center of a BPO company
• P&L Cost Ownership for all expenses incurring at the sites
• Owners & deployment facilitators for all organizational processes namely – Ops Performance & Governance, Operations Management Practices, People Performance Management, etc
• Engage and manage stakeholder relationships – Service Delivery leads, Global Process Leaders, Industry Leaders
• Produce business cases, secure benefit realization and track realized benefits against target
• Drive standard practices around planning & capacity management as well as all HR practices
• Preparing locations to intake the consolidation related movement and be SPOC for other functions to drive integrated transition plans & governance around it
• Coach Service Delivery Leads to identify, manage, select and charter process and quality improvement opportunities
• Mobilize projects that directly contribute to goals, ensuring projects fit strategically, have significant financial benefit opportunity and engage employees in SE framework
• Lead delivery of large / complex process and quality improvements
• Establish process management, and continuous improvement frameworks to sustain and grow benefits post project
• Significant experience in the BPO industry
• Ability to work within a commercial framework and develop and deliver services to service level and cost parameters
• Leadership skills with the ability to motivate, engage and drive high performance from large teams.
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to guide, coach and develop team members.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to inform, influence and engage with a broad range of groups.
March 06 – May 31, 2018
Our client is a Finance Shared Service Center of a German Freight Forwarding and Logistics Company
• Oversee service delivery group’s operations specific to processes and functions that were acquired and migrated from different businesses and territories for the Americas region;
• Ensures efficiency, high quality service, and timely delivery of service and effective management of resources;
• Drives company culture and create a work environment in which employees will feel empowered to challenge norms, refine/standardize the process and put in changes that would enable the business to meet its plans;
• Manages the key performance indicators through implementation of assessment tools and effective analysis to interpret process performance, people and control indicators;
• Responds and applies integrated view to critical factors/risks/components that may affect processes/business/accounting standards with significant impact to a bigger number of teams; provides valuable insights and decision points; looking always at the bigger picture;
• Acts as a catalyst for change; proactively incorporating new, suggested innovation and system changes that ultimately will deliver breakthroughs and responds to client needs;
• Approves purchase orders/invoices, staff liquidations & reimbursements subject to limits of authority as approved by the company;
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals assign accountabilities, set objectives and standards,
establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals;
• Mentor and develop teams with diverse levels of expertise using a supportive and collaborative approach;
• Hire, train, provides disciplinary/corrective/developmental
actions and implement job rotation;
• Take an active role in ensuring that the training and development needs of all team members are met by seeking interesting and effective internal and external learning opportunities;
• Supervise and manage direct reports, ensuring communication and coordination within and across teams;
• Instill a “client/customer” focused mindset that incorporates a strong sense of pride in providing quality deliverables;
• Provide regular and effective performance feedback to team members and provide career planning guidance;
• Accountable for ensuring that service level agreements are met and expectations are managed;
• Ensures consistent delivery of excellent service to all clients;
• Establish effective relationships with clients;
• Actively seeks information to understand the customer’s circumstances, problems, issues, concerns and needs; proposes
solutions to customers.
• Candidates must have complete a 4-Yr degree in Finance &/or Accounting, CPA preferred;
• Extensive experience managing a team of offshored finance and accounting projects including but not limited to General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Applications, Invoicing, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable;
• Demonstrated industry experience working: in a shared services environment; with ERP platform for Financials; with Shared Services Enabling Technologies;
• At least 5 years related experience in a management role;
• Handled at least 20 FTEs;
• Outstanding analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills;
• Strong leadership skills and can effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders;
• Background in Process Improvement and Process Automation;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Amenable to work in Taguig;
• Willing to work in a permanent night shift schedule
March 06 – May 31, 2018
A multinational listed security and logistics company.
• Prepare quality monthly financial statements and reporting to Group (under IFRS), fulfilling strict datelines and according to corporate requirements.
• Supervision and reorganization of all accounting functions. Management of controlling, reporting, treasury, accounting, payables, collections and internal audit departments.
• Elaborate annual accounts. Liaison with auditors, both internal and external.
• Budget planning and KPI´s in close relation with business areas and Group Regional HQ.
• Track monthly results vs budget/forecast, explaining deviations and proposing corrective measures when appropriate to both country management and Group.
• Profitability business analysis. Cost control and overhead optimization.
• Ad hoc reports for Country manager, business areas and Group.
• Responsible on fiscal matters and tax planning in coordination with Corporate Tax Dept. Tax returns and obligations. Liaison with external tax advisors when needed.
• Negotiation with banks for funding, in coordination with Corporate Treasury.
• Coordination of legal affairs, with external advisors when needed.
• Bachelor in Business Administration. MBA preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant.
• Deep IFRS knowledge and prior extensive experience with international reporting and consolidation of subsidiaries is a must.
• Prior deep experience both in accounting and controlling roles. Has independently managed the complete finance, accounting and controlling function of a large company of a multinational group.
• Good knowledge of Philippines taxes, having dealt successfully with tax audits in the past.
• The candidate must have an international background, having worked for multinational companies based in Philippines and abroad, especially European and/or US ones. Professional working experience in Europe or USA is a plus.
• Has relationship and negotiation skills with all levels of stakeholders: business managers, internal and statutory auditors, legal advisors, Tax Authorities, Public Administrations and customers, etc.
• Proactive, hands on work, strong team player with good analytical and communication skills, and able to work under pressure, evaluate risks and take decisions. Have a global vision and experience leading and training large teams.
February 13 – April 30, 2018
A global tech-based non-banking financial institution who offers micro financial services to customers.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
• Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary and effectively manage them
• Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
• Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
• Ensure timely monthly closings of company activities, with all financial transactions appropriately entered into the applicable financial management systems
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
• Present financial reports in formal meetings
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Perform other Finance-related tasks which maybe assigned from time to time.
• BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA required
• 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles as Manager specializing in Finance/General Accounting preferably gained in financial services and banking industry
• Solid knowledge in local government regulations and generally accepted accounting principles
• Possesses keen exposure in assessing financial statements and budget documents.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
• Based in BGC with occasional travel requirements.
February 13 – April 30, 2018
Across all industries
Not all of our job requirements are posted online due to the confidential nature of the executive recruitment. If you don’t find your match based on the listed vacancies, you may still submit your CV to us and rest assured that it will be considered for more possible employment opportunities in the Philippines.
You may reach us in 3 ways!
- Directly send your resume via email –> firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also click the “Apply Now!” button or visit the link –> http://ksearchasia.com/send.aspx
- Get in touch with our Executive Team –> http://ksearchasia.com/contact.aspx